Saturday, April 24, 2010

I'm no longer with the Judlau Companies

It has been almost a month and a half that I departed ways with the Judlau Companies. It was a long run. I had the opportunity to build the IT function from the very beginning. It was a long way paved with a lot of excitement, learning experience and personal growth. 
I started with Judlau as a Project Scheduler in March of 1997. After a week or so of employment I had a Meting with Tom Iovino the founder and owner of Judlau Contracting (in those days he would personally meet with all the new hires), and I mentioned him my idea of creating the IT function, he was very excited and he told me that the sky was the limit at Judlau. 

Fast forward to present times, in the last few years Judlau Contracting grew to be one of the most respected companies in New York and the flagship of the Judlau Companies, a series of trade contractor companies under the Judlau Companies umbrella. 

I attribute my Departure of the Judlau Companies to what we call "Growing Pains", although I don't agree with that premise. I will be blogging more about this in the future.

The question that I have for all of you reading this post is:
How do you deal with the contradictions  of being loyal to a company or keep looking for better opportunities ?

I have been reflecting on this issue for quite sometime and it appears to me that in order to further your growth you have to move horizontally instead of vertically, at least this is one of the conclusions that I came out with after my 13 years at Judlau.

3 comments: